It’s not even New Years Eve and I am ready for more vegetables and soups. I’ve enjoyed every glass of champagne, bourbon ball, and decadent dessert, but my body has had enough!
This recipe is a for favorite simple carrot soup. It only takes minutes to put together and it just feels good!
- Serves eight
- 4T butter
- 1c onions, medium dice
- 7c carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/4c peeled potato, medium dice
- 8c chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 oranges, zest, and juice
- 1 ¼ t ground ginger
- 2t kosher salt
- Optional garnishes – cream, parsley, pistachio, chopped dried apricot
Sauté onions in butter over medium heat in a soup pot, stirring often. When onions are soft, add carrots, potato, chicken broth, orange juice and ginger. Cook until carrots are tender and cool slightly. Puree lukewarm soup in batches in a blender. Add salt to taste if needed.