Monadnock Region Agricultural Commissions
Fitzwilliam Agricultural Commission
Keene Agricultural Commission
Harrisville Agricultural Commission
Nelson Agricultural Commission
Marlow Agricultural Commission
Richmond Agricultural Commission
Peterborough Agricultural Commission
Agricultural Commissions - A Valuable Local Planning Resource:
Knowledge & Expertise - Works with the Planning Board, Conservation commission, Selectment/Council, Code Enforcement and residents to answer questions and concerns about agricultural activity.
Educate & Inform - Provides instruction and information about Best Management Practices related to agriculture, including backyard chickens, manure management, and fertilizer and pesticide use.
Promote & Celebrate - The working landscape of farms, forests and gardens provides economic benefits, open spaces, wildlife habitat, recreational opportunities, and rural character.
Resources for Ag Commissioners
Master Plan: Agricultural Resources and the Working Landscape
Zoning Ordinance, Site Plan Review and Subdivision Regulations Take the Test: "Is Your Town Farm Friendly?"
Right To Farm Law - see below
Office of Strategic Initiatives - "Agriculture, Farmland & Open Space Preservation"
NH Department of Agriculture, Markets & Food
UNH Cooperative Extension
NH Coalition for Sustaining Agriculture
NH Farm Bureau
Center for Land Conservation
American Farmland Trust
Assessments - Forest and Land
Permit Uses in Wetlands
Certified Farmers Markets
FSMA & Impact of NE Farms
Potential resources of grant funds for agricultural commissions:
Webinar: Food Safety Modernization Act Rules
Right to Farm (R2F): RSA 432:32
- R2F: Ag activity not explicitly permitted by zoning ordinance - RSA's 674:32-a, 674:32-b, 674:32b(a), 674:32b(b)
- R2F: Tilling and growing prohibition: RSA 674:32-c
- Definition of Farms and Farming Activities - RSA 21: 34-A
- Farming Rights and Responsibilities
- Planning and Zoning - RSA 672:1II-b
- Presumption (Planning and Zoning) - RSA 674:32-a
- Innovative Land Use: RSA 674:21
- Ag Land Preservation - RSA 432:18-31-a
- Best Management Practices - RSA 431:34 & RSA 431:35
- Other General Provisions - RSA 674:32-c
- Existing Agricultural Uses - RSA 674:32-b