Over 55 ag commissioners, city officials, state officials, farmers and stakeholders learned how state legislation affects local policy, how to better support agricultural commissioners and what's happening on local and state levels.
- Forming Local Policy: Challenges & Lessons Learned
Speaker: Ian McSweeney, Executive Director, Russell Farm & Forest Conservation Foundation
- Legislative Updates & NH Right to Farm Law
Speaker: NH State Representative, Tara Sad,
Chair, Environment & Agriculture Committee
- Translating State Legislation into Local Policy
Speaker: Rob Johnson, New Hampshire Farm Bureau
- Keene's 2-year Zoning Revision Process: What impact does it have on The Farmers Market, Community Gardens, Backyard Farming?
Speakers: Rhett Lamb, Keene Planning Director; Karen Purinton, Planner; Mark Florenz, Keene Ag Commissioner
- Report: The New Hampshire Food Strategy - How does it benefit us?
Speaker: Jessica Boynton, NH Food Strategy
- Educate on the legislative process and priority issues
- Build a more unified network of local policy advocates, agencies & stakeholders advocating for policy supportive of agriculture in the Monadnock Region
- Present MFCC's Policy Working Group policy platform
THANK YOU Elm City Brewery and Monadnock Food Coop for being our FOOD SPONSORS!