2017 Monadnock Farm Tour
Saturday, August 26, 2017, 2pm - 6pm
Farms throughout the Monadnock Region
Put on a hat, bug dope & Join us!
Farmers are opening their barns, coops, hoop houses, and pastures to foster a better understanding of their day-to-day lives working to bring food to our tables. Trained pigs, scavenger hunts for children, border collie sheepherding demonstrations and an antique tractor show, as well as other activities, are sure to entice both young and old to local farms throughout the region during the 2017 Monadnock Farm Tour.
The goal of the Monadnock Farm Tour is to provide rich experiences that are educational and fun for consumers while infusing much needed income into the pockets of local farmers.
- Green markers - FARMS - Push the icon to see what's going on!
- Purple markers - FARM STAYS
Cost for the Monadnock Farm Tour is $5/individual or $10/car. Buttons can be purchased at farms during Farm Tour hours only and will get you into all farms on tour. All proceeds go to pay for next year’s Monadnock Farm Tour.
EVENTS AROUND THE
MONADNOCK REGION, AUGUST 25-27, 2017
Friday, August 25, 2017
- Farm to Table dinner at Stonewall Farm, 6pm, 603.357.7278
- "James & The Giant Peach", Peterborough Players
Saturday, August 26, 2017
- Eastview Trail Run, The Harris Center, Hancock
- Monadnock Farm Tour! 2pm - 6pm
- Permaculture Day, Village Roots, Alstead
- Four Winds fundraising dinner for Montana Fire Relief, Four Winds Farm, Peterborough, 6pm
Sunday, August 27, 2017
- 5th Annual Pulled Pork Competition & Peach Festival, Alyson's Orchard, 11am - 3pm
- Monadnock Lyceum: David Hajdu and Jill Sobule, "Their Songs Were Their Weapon: The Role of Music in Political Resistance in America", Peterborough Unitarian Church, 11 am
CHILDREN'S FARM TOUR ACTIVITIES:
- Visit with alpacas, trained pigs, miniature and draft horses, bantam chickens, goats, calves, and sheep
- Milk cows, collect eggs, make cider
- Numerous scavenger hunts
- Make it & take it crafts
- PYO flowers, berries, apples
- Collect 3 farm stamps and turn in passport for a FREE kiddie cone from Walpole Creamery!
FARM TOUR RULES:
- No Pets Allowed
- No Visiting Farms After Hours (unless specified)
- No Entering Farm Homes
TIPS FOR TAKING THE TOUR!
- Bring a cooler! You'll be able to buy produce, eggs, cheese, meat and other farm products at most of the farms
- Plan on visiting 3 to 4 farms, budgeting 1 hour for each
- Use Yer Head and Yer Foot! Please take time to use the hand sanitizer provided at each farm after petting an animal. Some farms may ask you to disinfect your shoes to prevent farm-to-farm transmission of germs that might stick to your shoes
- Bring sunscreen, hats, bug dope, water and cash!
Put your money where your mouth is and SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FARMER!
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS - Gem Graphics, Walpole Creamery and the Cheshire County Conservation District. The Monadnock Farm Tour is paid for in part by a grant from the NH Department of Agriculture, Markets & Food.
The Monadnock Farm Tour is organized by MFCC and the Monadnock Travel Council.